Our thanks to Diane D’Souza who joined us for a dance workshop on grief and loss yesterday. The impact was powerful and the emotions were alive in the room. We learned some beautiful movements from classical Indian dance, but more so, we honored the wisdom in the room about grief and loss..
When asked what we know about grief and loss, here’s a few comments from our participants:
- losing someone you love transforms you forever
- tells me about what is or who is meaningful to me in my life
- physically…the cheek caves in where the caress would have come
- incomprehensible that you can survive or that the pain will lessen
- loss can turn into a gift
Thanks to all who joined us. May these words of wisdom continue to enrich the experience.